Friday 6 May 2016

Chase Oil & Gas Stocks ? Be Careful Of Traps


Author: Icon8888   |   Publish date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016, 02:52 PM

Today forum member fayetan wrote an article "Sell All Export Stocks, Buy Oil & Gas Stocks"

Essentially, the article comprises two components, one sell, one buy.

It is not convenient for me to defense export stocks as I still have roughly 25% exposure in my portfolio. Readers will not find me convincing as I have vested interest. So I prefer not to say anything in this article (even though I sound out my opinion in various discussion threads).

However, when come to buying oil and gas stocks, I would caution everybody to maintain cool head. Is this recent rally sustainable ? Will it retrace ? 

The reason I am alert of being trapped is because I have been trapped before. Last year when oil price rebounced, I rushed in to buy Pantech WA at 40 sen. Now it is dead at 17 sen.

The same can also happen this round if oil price retrace. As such, trade with caution. 

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment